WFM Scheduling - Calculating Staff
Getting the right number of people in the right place at the right time to handle customer inquiries is every contact center manager’s goal. In this course, you will learn to calculate the optimal number of staff to maximize service while minimizing the cost to make the most of contact center resources.
What Learners will learn
- Distinguish between service level, average speed of answer (AHT), and response time as the right indicator to calculate staff for their workload
- Use Erlang calculations to pinpoint staffing needs
- Determine shrinkage and incorporate it into staffing calculations
- Articulate the needs of the three main stakeholder groups
- Apply the economies of scale to optimize the profitability of a contact center
Who should take this?
- Anyone involved in workforce management
- Newly hired workforce managers (as part of onboarding)
- Supervisors with scheduling responsibilities
- The Fundamentals of Calculating Staff Requirements
- Service Metrics and Types of Workload
- Calculating Staff Requirements for Different Channels
- Determining Shrinkage
- Optimizing Staff Requirements Based on Stakeholder Needs and Economies of Scale
- Final Exam
Self-paced e-learning containing an engaging mix of video, narratives, scenarios, and self-assessments.
The WFM Scheduling - Calculating Staff course is designed by call center experts to provide a practical and engaging learning experience. Start today.