Handling angry callers is a skill, which means with some training and practice, you can perfect your approach. This course is designed to teach you the techniques you can then apply to transition a customer from angry to satisfied.
What Learners will learn
- Identify the challenges of handling angry customers
- Identify how emotional intelligence and empathy are two key skills to influence a caller’s emotional state
- Define the AVERT technique
- Identify coping mechanisms to use when confronted with abusive language
Who should take this?
- Individuals interested in improving their customer service phone skills
- Newly hired telephone agents (as part of onboarding)
- Agents that have difficulty with phone skills
- Supervisors or coaches that manage telephone agents
- Applying Your Current Skills
- Diffusing Anger
- Influencing Behavior
- Interactive Scenario: Handling an Angry Caller
- Final Exam
Self-paced e-learning containing an engaging mix of video, narratives, scenarios, and self-assessments.
The Handling Hostility course is designed by call center experts to provide a practical and engaging learning experience. Start today.