Provided by The Call Center School
Requirements of Proposal
Bidders are specifically requested to submit proposals for predictive dialer
solutions that ensure a fully operational system. This RFP consists of
requests for information regarding the system type, service, operation,
installation method, add-ons/options, and cost.
Remanufactured/refurbished equipment is/is not acceptable in qualifying
for this RFP. Use of remanufactured/refurbished equipment must be
stated in the RFP.
Proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria, which are not in order
- Completeness, clarity of content, and conformity with the RFP
- Functionality and capability of equipment and features
- Conformity to RFP specifications and system standards
- Growth and upgrade capabilities
- Networking capabilities
- A recognizable commitment to on-going enhancement of feature
and functional capabilities and service
- Reputation, longevity, financial status, and experience in the
- System administration/system report capabilities
- The quality and experience of installation and
maintenance/technical support personnel
- Availability and range of system enhancements and add-
- The quality of service provided to customers
- Ability to handle current and proposed call volume projections
- Ability of System to incorporate new developments in industry
- Other factors that may be considered valid
The proposal shall clearly indicate how the Bidder will satisfy the
requirements as specified and what technical approach will be used. The
Bidder shall indicate the impact of providing any one requirement
simultaneously with another and the effect that this may have on overall
system performance, capacity, throughput, or any other function.
If there are any features or functions that cannot be delivered as specified,
the Bidder must specifically identify them in the appropriate sections of
this RFP. Bidder may propose alternative solutions in writing. All prices
associated with alternatives proposed must be included or will presumed
to be free of charge.
Bidder shall quote prices for all features (standard or optional). All prices,
for both standard pricing and any add-on/options as required based on the
system specifications/features, should be included in System Pricing.
A contract shall be awarded only to a qualified Bidder. In order to qualify,
the Bidder shall demonstrate his/her company’s ability to accomplish the
proposed system’s objectives. The Bidder must possess adequate
financial resources, the necessary experience in systems of the RFP’s
size, technically skilled personnel, and the facilities required to comply
with a reasonable and acceptable schedule for delivery and performance.
All Bidders must demonstrate financial stability, experience in sales,
installation and maintenance of the Bidder’s proposal. This shall include,
but not be limited to, audited financial statements and a client/customer list
that includes the names and contacts, as well as the number, type, and
line size of systems installed that are of similar size and complexity to that
which is proposed herein.
Additionally, the Bidder shall specify whether installation and maintenance
functions are to be performed through subcontractors or directly by Bidder.
If the work is subcontracted, evidence shall be submitted in the RFP
pertaining to the subcontractor’s qualifications in terms of similar work
experience. Bidder also shall indicate what contingency plans are
available in the case of non-compliance on the part of the subcontractor.
Organizational Structure and Contacts
Bidder shall list the executive officers of their Company, including their
business addresses and telephone numbers, in the following table:
|Name||Business Address||Phone No.|
Only the finalists will be requested to submit the latest audited annual
report. If Bidder has multiple lines of business beyond the delivery of call
center solutions, bidder also should provide additional financial information
Bidder shall submit a list of client/customer references (with names,
telephone numbers, and titles) being serviced (preferable in or around the
area) with the same model (manufacturer) system of the same
approximate line/port size as the system(s) proposed herein. Each
customer reference name must be an individual who has direct
responsibility for the functionality and performance of the system and who
is able to address technical questions.
|Corporate Name||Contact Name||Phone No.||Funcational Responsibilities|
Please return _____ copies of your proposal with answered questions in
the order they have been asked below.
- Please provide pricing for a <#> position dialer and describe the
system components, including number of trunks, which will
comprise your proposed solution. List all computer hardware,
telephony related hardware, and software. Please note the items
that we must acquire from other sources if you are not proposing a
- Please include the total cost to expand your system by the
additional <#>. Please be inclusive.
- Please provide a detailed description of the proposed solution that
will meet the needs of our call center environment.
- Describe your implementation plan and how long installation will
take from the contract signing date. Include any installation
considerations or prerequisites of which the client should be aware.
- Describe your proposed system support, detailing size of support
staff, organization and responsibilities, response time guarantees,
location, and sizes of inventories, etc.
- Describe system maintenance. Performed by whom? How often?
At what cost?
- Describe your approach to training and detail the requirements for
user, administrator, and maintenance level proficiency.
- Can calls be transferred to a supervisor?
- What are the reporting capabilities? Ad hoc? Real time? History?
- What monitoring capability will be afforded? Voice & data? Remote
- Can remote agents be supported?
- Describe the highlights of your Scripting, including its branching
and reporting characteristics.
- Can scripting be managed by non-technical, in-house staff?
- Will the agent be able to hear prospect’s first “hello” on dialer?
- Does the system have the ability to maintain and concurrently call
from multiple lists?
- Does the system allow agents assigned to different outbound
campaigns to use different dialing techniques (preview, predictive,
etc.) at the same time? Please explain…
- Can the agent press a key to display his/her statistics in a window
(or box) on the screen? Will it show ranking or comparisons with
- Approximately how much time is required to move an agent from
one campaign to another? Explain what is required.
- Can the system provide on-line user help?
- Does your system handle International campaigns, including the
correct processing of international telephone numbers, addresses,
and postal codes?
- Does your system support Digital Voice Recording of agent calls?
How are the recordings tracked and retrieved?
- Does the system have robust data validation capabilities to help
ensure that entries are correct? Please comment on this. Please
explain all possible field edits.
- Does the validation take into account newly entered information
from previous screens/fields?
- Do you provide the ability to generate user-defined help? If yes,
how does access to it differ from access to system-defined help?
- Describe your system’s order entry capabilities.
- Does your system provide fulfillment capabilities? Explain them in
- Can the system provide, or be designed to provide, shipping-label
- Please discuss the database management system provided in the
solution you are recommending in this document.
- Does the system permit ad hoc queries? How is this done and by
what part of the system? Can “canned” queries be developed by
management? By in-house programmers?
- Can the system suppress or block “do not contact” telephone
- After a campaign has started using a call list, can additional
customers be added to the call list real time? Can customers be
removed from the call list at any time? Please explain how these
- Can area codes be added to the prospect/customer records
- Will the system call only designated time zones at certain times?
- Describe the documentation provided when vendor-supplied
software changes are made.
- List any inherent software and/or hardware dependencies that may
require purchase or lease of another vendor’s software or hardware
in conjunction with your system.
- Describe the programming languages (and the version) used in
- Does the system provide a graphical user interface (GUI) for the
development of scripts and call guides? Please describe.
- List all policies pertaining to source code ownership and usage.
- Describe the recovery procedures recommended if the system
- Can your system provide for the online verification of credit cards
while the customer is still on the phone? Describe the
implementation of this type of program. Is this a third-party
program? If so, will you support it? Do you currently have any sites
that are running one of these programs?
- Does your system have the ability to detect answering machines?
No answers? SIT tones? What are the percentages of the detection
for each of these?
- Does your system have the capability to blend outbound dialing
work with other work such as inbound calls, email, web chat, etc.?
- Does your system interface to any WFM system to support
scheduling of personnel in a blended environment? Which WFM
systems are supported?
- Please describe the features and capabilities of your security
- Describe the different levels of authority in the system.
- Does your system provide forced periodic password change without
- Does it provide brownout protection (no one can get into the system
at designated times)?
- Does the vendor have access to the system? Explain.
- Does the system provide field level security?
- Does the system provide screen level security?
- Can the system sign agents on and off the system automatically or
with a unique password? Explain.
- What are the disaster recovery capabilities? Is RAID standard?
- Is there a “rollback” capability (in case of communication loss)?
- What is the backup/restore process? Is there time-stamping of
- Is your solution, including any and all add-on products, certified as
- Will the supervisor’s console display “real-time” performance on
each agent, showing attempts, contacts, sales results, time on
phone, etc.? Can it be customized?
- Will it display a summary screen for all agent results?
- Can real-time displays of agent results be changed for campaigns
that are running?
- Can the system monitor individual agent statistics even if the agent
moves to a different workstation?
- Can the system shadow monitor each agent without intruding (both
voice and data)?
- Can the supervisor assist the agent as well as monitor the agent
- Can supervisors easily select agent screens to be viewed and
- Can supervisors perform real time monitoring and adjustments for
outbound campaigns? Specifically, can supervisors make these
real time adjustments:
- Monitor the rate at which the records from different queues
are being exhausted? How?
- Change the dialing strategy and the priorities of leads in
- “Turn off” records from a particular queue (time zone,
geographic region, area code, and NXX), so that they won’t
- Change the earliest and latest times that records from
different queues can be accessed by the system?
- Control the pacing of calling or have system determine the
best pacing? Explain.
- Monitor the rate at which the records from different queues
- Can supervisors see how many uncalled leads remain? Per queue?
- If desired, can we have more than one supervisor console?
- Can supervisors access supervisor/management reports on a
terminal in their office? Explain.
- Can a supervisor send a message to a “logged-in” agent? Explain.
Other Dialer Capabilities
- Explain how your system assigns agents to campaigns.
- In a stand-alone system, is ANI available? DNIS?
- How often do you come out with a new release of your software?
What is the past history of your product releases? What are the
significant enhancements (new features) that will be available with
your next release? When is the next release scheduled to be
- Can the system measure actual talk time (separate from preview
and wrap-up time)?
- Can the system measure wrap-up time (the time spent after the
agent hangs up the call, but still has the customer record displayed
on their terminal screen)?
- Can system measure agent wait time between calls? Explain.
- Can pacing be independently controlled for each work-list?
- Can campaigns be modified “on the fly”? In what way(s)?
- Can the system detect and list records with inaccurate phone
- Is your system supported Internationally? In what countries is your
- How much on-site and off-site training is included in the base
- Describe all pertinent additional vendor-supplied training and off-
site/on-site costs. Include course description and any prerequisites
- Are there any class size restrictions if training classes are taught
- Do you customize any of your training classes? If so, what
additional costs are there?
- What types of training classes are provided for new releases, and
what are their associated costs?
- Do you provide on-line tutorials?
- What type of help system is available within the product toll set?
- Please take this opportunity to briefly describe unique benefits your
company can offer and explain total care services your company
- Please include brochures that describe your product.
Please describe/answer the following:
- Operating systems supported.
- Minimum system configuration (lines, agents).
- Maximum system configuration (lines, agents).
- What trunk-to-agent ratio(s) is/are supported?
- How are trunks assigned? System wide? By campaign?
- Does a campaign have to be interrupted to change a trunk?
If any features or functions described above are optional, the Bidder
must specifically identify them under the appropriate question in this
proposal and include the cost as part of the total price. Bidder may
propose, in writing, alternative solutions.